Sunday, March 8, 2009

Translating Etsy Google Analytics

I noticed in my Google Analytics that my Etsy shop had a sudden burst of activity the other day... see the graph in the picture above... see the peak circled in red...

So I started wondering, what caused the flurry? Here is how to figured it out:

First I reduced the information to a couple of days by clicking on the dates on the upper right and selecting a small range around the peak (peak was March 4th so I highlighted March 2nd thru the 5th)

Now that the information was more relevant, I clicked on "CONTENT" on the left side menu.

By clicking on the "Top Landing Pages" I could then see where my crazy site action was coming from... the cryptic "/view_listing.php?ref=fp_feat_4&listing_id=21634564" was my answer (see the image above, you can click and zoom in, I circled the cryptic info in red on the bottom of the image) now the question is translating this.

The code is Etsy source information, the "ref=fp_feat" basically means that this product of mine (#21634564) was featured on the front page of Etsy.

The mystery is solved! I was on the front page of Etsy last Wednesday, and this was really fun to discover! Yeah for Google Analytics making my business statistics sort of accessible! And yeah for Front Page action!

No comments: