Thursday, August 6, 2009

Work and Play

Yesterday was a great day of doing all sorts of stuff.
Jan and I went to Environments for the debut of our mobile in their wonderful space. I took so many pictures, all the Knoll furniture is strikingly beautiful (and they favor the color of bright red/orange, so I found just about everything really eye catching). This wall of textile samples was particularly enchanting. There was even a mini chair on a bookshelf.
I don't have time this morning to post more pictures of the Knoll furniture or the space, but I did upload some onto my flickr account so you can see them there. I can't leave out the pictures I took of this beautiful cocktail they were serving (click the picture to see two more shots, it was a pretty drink!):
After mingling a little bit, I stopped at both Jan's studio and the glass studio up in North Portland to get a bunch of work done. Making mobiles, cutting glass, attacking to-do lists and making plans... you know.... work :)

Then I went to my friend Naomi's and played around with her and some balls of thread and paper flowers (wedding decorations for her brother-in-law's nuptials which are tomorrow). I know its stressful creating things for a special event, but just jumping in and helping for a night was really fun! I enjoyed myself, and I took lots of pictures :)
What she is making are beautiful light features for the reception tables - string latterns covered in curls and pink flowers. Really these deserve a blog entry all in their own! They are so beautiful!

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow! You had a LONG day!!!!!! I can't thank you enough for helping me Leah!!! I got to vent too;)

THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Leah said...

it was seriously my pleasure!!

rosebud101 said...

Wow! It does sound like you were busy! I love that mobile!

aimee said...

The mobile looks INCREDIBLE and those lantern thingies are gorgeous, wow!