Friday, November 20, 2009

I had to take a picture of these persimmon

My friend Yasu gave me these two persimmon from the fruit trees in his yard. He has told me how he wraps the ripening fruit on the branches in bags (still on the tree) so that the birds don't eat them all. The bright orange attracts them and they know which fruit are perfectly ripe and they beat him to it, even with the bags they are still eating them! So he picked a couple early, just to make sure the birds don't eat them all. I think they are so amazingly beautiful, the orange color is just wonderful.
These are the earrings I wear all the time. The little bitty ones above and the orange mobiles below. If you'd like to buy some like them, say for gifts or such, the pictures are click-a-ble :)

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

I wear my mobile earrings all the time, too! Those persimmons look delicious!