Thursday, December 10, 2009

Etsy Community Council

This is a screen shot of a meeting Etsy style - the virtual labs - Matt (Etsy co-founder) is on the screen camera and the rest of the council (all the little square icons) are sitting around him and typing their comments and questions.

A juried group of sellers and buyers make up the Etsy Community Council and we have gotten together over international time zones 3 or 4 times now. Time zones were probably the biggest hurdle in this global group. When I got selected to be on the council I had no idea what it would entail... in the end it was very casual and pretty fun. The hardest part was trying to make the meetings (again - time zone issues) but there was a google group thing set up that helped to relay information. And really most of what we did was discuss Etsy concepts and give feedback, we even got a bit o' beta testing in the gig! (although Etsy has another group for beta testing, we joined the fun for a few features we had been discussing)

Over all I thought being on the CC was a sweet job.

Today was our last meeting. My term on the Etsy Community Council has finally come to an end. I find this sad, however it ends on a bright note - as now I am official Etsy CC Alumni. Oh yeah baby. I think we might form a street team for the alumni.

click the picture to the left to read my blog post when I originally got selected to be on the CC

No comments: