Friday, April 30, 2010

Gathering of the Guilds Photos




Today while I was at the Gathering of the Guilds at the Portland Oregon Convention Center I was going to walk around and take pictures. Just as I got started I realized that not all of the artists would like their work photographed... at the very least I needed to ask their permission! For lack of time (crowded show! too much patience required to ask everyone's permission... so I figured I might try again on Sunday and talk to the artists, obtain permission and proceed where possible...) until then - I took pictures of the signs (and I even made sure it was okay to do so!) I must say that the Woodworkers and Handweavers had amazing signs! Look at that woodcarving!!! The Glass Guild sign could be way more dynamic - what about a glass sign! Wouldn't that be beautiful... maybe its easier for the little guilds to agree on commissioning their handmade signss. The larger guilds seem to just have banners like the one above...

All I gotta say is its a great show this year and I am looking forward to taking more time to really walk around. Here are some pictures of the Aquila booth - see my mobiles floating around...

No comments: