Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Night Adventures

Okay - so my taxes are done and I've got huge stacks of glass discs in production... I was planning on going into the studio last night and working - but instead I played hooky!!! Evening adventures were meant to happen! My friend Jan convinced me of such (it wasn't hard)
First we went and saw a movie at Living Room Theaters - which somehow I had never heard of... this is how they describe themselves on the website:
Living Room® Theaters is a visionary new concept created by longtime filmmakers. We set out to reinvent the way films are viewed and distributed. And to change everything we didn't like about conventional and art house movie theaters - from the film selection to the lobby ambiance, food, seating and service.
It was great! We saw Alice in Wonderland and ate delicious food and then we had a drink afterward. I have to go back and have a date with Tim there. Its definitely great date material.

Later walked across the street to Powels books which was barely still open... I found some excellent books and also a couple fun toys for myself. These little jelly lens things you can attach to the lens of a small camera and make sparkles (I also got one that makes it look like a wide angle lens). This made for some fun night-time photography until the jelly plucked the metal ring around my lens right off my camera (woops) and then the camera also ran out of batteries.

Okay - then last but not least we stopped at the food carts on Hawthorne for a late night fried pie. Why not? What a night. Thanx Jan :)

No comments: