Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blog Photography

Do you wonder where to find pictures for your blog? Or how I find the time to take pictures for my blog?

My advice for anyone reading this that is also a blogger - simply take a lot of pictures. Statistically speaking, the more pictures you take, the more likely there will be a few beauties in the bunch. Snap colorful shots of the world around you.

I carry a little Canon PowerShot around with me at all times. Now a days most of our phones take great pictures as well. I just got a new phone, and currently I don't know how to get the pictures off of it - woops - but I digress! I also like to use my Nikon D80 as often as possible, great lens and great shots are so key!
This photo of some glue was taken when I was working in the studio on prepping some scrap for a kiln fire. Working with my scrap is nothing glorious (at all!) but this picture is fun and bright, and its a window into my world. I used it for a blog article about glue.

The first photo above of the orange glass pieces - that was taken one evening when I was working with my little scrap pieces - making them into little mobiles... I had previously been using my lightbox, so it was sitting in front of me, and I couldn't fight the urge to put my tray of glass bits on top of the light box and illuminate the pieces. Oh what a visual feast for the eyes! The glass lit up and sparkled - I grabbed my camera and took a few shots. I still use them from time to time. And I now keep my lightbox in my photo set-up to light things up from the bottom.

Below is a picture of some buttons I made for a friend one evening... I find colorful pictures of glass to please my eye. What can I say, I am a bit glass obsessed!
I am taking a class right now from Diane Gilleland - Blog Tune Up - so in the next few weeks you might notice an evolution in the ol' Garden of Leah. Today I made a new banner :)

I noticed in going over class materials that many times the questions come around to photography. I am a visually indulgent artist - I love taking pictures - so the photography part of blogging is a sheer pleasure for me.

I am taking this class because I want to give my blog some tender loving care. Blogs can lead to some really fun opportunities, and I enjoy taking advantage of that. So I am attempting to fine tune things here in the Garden of Leah and take it to the next level. I hope you as the reader find this transition enjoyable :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had to chime in and tell you that I think you are doing a great job with your "blog photography".

And your advice to take lots and lots of pictures - I second that!

nancyturtle said...

If your phone and your computer both have Bluetooth you can beem your pictures to the computer.