Friday, July 23, 2010

What am I working on?

Custom projects are consuming my studio time this week. Some are small private orders, some are larger installations. For instance, I am just finishing up and shipping soon some big mobiles that are going to be installed in the new library at the Hong Kong International School. Fun bright pieces that will hopefully look amazing in their library

What: 8feet wide mobiles, 4 of them
Where: Hong Kong
How are they shipping? DHL
How did they find me?: the designer contacted me thru Etsy
How am I making these?: I design the mobiles and make all the glass, my friends at Ekko mobiles engineer the frames and make them for me

these are some of the common questions my friends and loved ones seem to ask about this project, so I thought I would share.

The kilns are hot and there is a lot of colorful glass coming and going... restocking on inventory, completing orders for custom mobiles... and its beautiful outside! Tonight I am going to a concert on the lawn at the Zoo.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, Leah. This is fantastic!! I hope they send you pictures when they're installed.

Slumptown said...

That is great. Love the red color.

Erin said...

you are awesome. lucky kiddos! orson sends a hug!

Holli Yeoh said...

Wow, you must be thrilled to be working on an international commission. How exciting is that do know that people on the other side of the world will see your artwork. Kudos.