Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mustafa is hot!

I have named my kiln "Mustafa" after the sexy Old Spice actor in the ads... and Mustafa is officially hot now! The electrician finished his work on Monday and when I came into the studio I could tell he was done because it was very bright upstairs! (we put in new electrical lines for big bright lights as well).
When I saw this I did a little happy dance with Amy and ran upstairs to say Thank You to the electrician and turn on my kiln. So exciting! First I did a preliminary fire to dry out the bricks and just test it out. Mustafa gave me 1000 degrees Fahrenheit in 40minutes! Not too shaby! I made a little graph of how long he took to get hot and cold. Today I put in a shelf and fired some glass - I'll see tomorrow if there are any hot spots or problems...

1 comment: