Monday, December 6, 2010

Pictures from Urban Craft Uprising 2010

Urban Craft Uprising Holiday 2010 - nearly 10,000 shoppers came thru the doors of the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall. It was awesome. There was so much crafty goodness it was nearly overwhelming. The shopping frenzy was buzzing as usual. A lot of my artwork (as well as all the other vendors at this show!) will be given away as presents this holiday due to the success of this show.
I would like to say big Thank You to everyone involved, shoppers and organizers!

This is the line on Sunday morning of shoppers waiting for almost 2 hours to get free swag as they entered the show.
This is Moxie's booth - she is one of the wonderful women who throw this show. Her felted creations and new book I Felt Awesome are amazing! Monsters and octopuses and mushrooms and balls and bowling pins and felting kits that come in milk shake containers.... oh how I swoon...
These felted terrariums were just scrumptious! Amanda Fiebing creates these incredible little fiber creations - look at the felted mushroom terrariums! They are just too cute!!!
I loved this sock monkey booth - so bright and colorful...
meant to buy one of these kits from Monkey Sock Monkey... but I had trouble getting out of my booth (cuz it was so busy!! yeah!) and when I took these pictures there was no one around to take my money (it was in the morning before the show started)... the kit is great, comes with everything you need, and they have an orange kit. What more could I ask for!
Beautifully handcrafted dolls with handmade clothes and accessories, and more handmade mushrooms
Bird Mafia
Bread and Badger
and this little video shows my booth... this was in the morning on Saturday before we opened... you can hear Moxie announcing for the volunteers to gather and get ready to open the doors! What a fun and exhausting weekend.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Oh man, this post makes me realize just how much I missed! I tried to look around Sunday morning before the crowds came in, but was tied to my booth the rest of the time as well. Glad to hear it was a great show for you!